Things have become so topsy-turvy I can't imagine how tricky planning a party, wedding or corporate event must be.
● Thursday 25th March 2021
Large parts of Europe are back in lockdown, vaccine shortages are expected here, things are all looking increasingly complicated, yet at the risk of unnecessary optimism, all being well -
12th April - 16th May: 15 people
17th May - 20th June: 30 people
21st June on: All restrictions lifted (!!)
The latest slogan is "data not dates" though. Our government's presumably-constantly-updated
● Tuesday 2nd March 2021
The vaccine program has been extremely effective. This is easily the most cheerful development I think that we've had since this whole thing began. My hunch though is that the government won't want to risk making more obvious blunders and so will cautiously trickle-feed our freedoms back, but fingers crossed as long as there isn't another wave, large social gatherings may well be able to begin to be held from the 21st June.
● Tuesday 16th February 2021
Had the jab last week, administered by a friendly GP. Apart from having mild asthma I'm not in an at-risk group, so I asked "why me?", and was told there were surplus vaccines that needed to be used. No side-effects to report. Yet.
The hospitality/entertainment sector is obviously still at a standstill - the more it changes, the more it stays the same.
Lastly, and sadly, RIP our dear old Captain Tom. A good life well-lived.
● Monday 7th December 2020
By the looks of things it won't be for a couple of months until the rollout of the various vaccines will come into effect, then it'll be a few more months after that before mass immunisation is hopefully achieved, meaning people can group together properly...then expect a big resurgence in parties! In the meanwhile I can still provide top-notch small party, corporate event & wedding entertainment, as well as do portraits & caricatures from photos.
● Friday 13th November 2020
The past seven months of doom & gloom have almost prevented me from processing the past couple of days' positive news, but...we've got a vaccine!!
Obviously it hasn't passed all of the required safety trials, and when events & society in general might "get the go-ahead" is still up in the air of course, but hey.
If you've had to downsize to a small party, it'll actually work in our favour. For close friends, family & colleagues, my sketches work so well due to the 'interpersonal interaction' (nods, smiles, conversations and giggles) they stimulate. At these more intimate gatherings, small party or wedding entertainment can make a huge difference to the guests' enjoyment of the event. As party ideas during Covid go, booking me is an inspired one!
● Sketching seated or standing at a distance of a couple of steps - certainly more that just one metre - from my subjects, is ideal for me. I can of course work "static", with guests coming to sit for me one-by-one, couple-by-couple, or group-by-group - I only need a few judiciously-positioned chairs.
● I know it won't come to it - but (you never know): I can draw masked guests! I've worked at so many masked/Venetian/masquerade balls I've totally forgotten what a face looks like! Please see masked (ball) examples below and you can find more here. But, I hear you say, those masks cover the eyes, not the nose & mouth! - yet it's the same principle - I just focus on the eyes instead of the nose & mouth!
I don't mind wearing a mask myself, in fact I like the idea of having a touch of mystique.
Whatever happens - THE SHOW MUST GO WRO..oops..ON! Stay safe!
● I'm here to help with any questions or ideas you may have. If you aren't sure of everything (or anything) at your end, get in touch anyway and we can go over the basics, and if you like I can pencil your date (if you have one yet) in & let you know if anyone else makes an enquiry for it.
● RIP Sir Captain Tom - Click to enlarge ●